My First Day
This is Jurmala Park, located just 2 minutes from my apartment. Its west side abuts the beach.

This is a lovely fountain ringed with benches which are very popular with park visitors of all ages.

One morning I had an excellent cup of coffee here - in a ceramic cup and saucer! Very pleasant. The beach is just 2 minutes west.

This was my first view of the Baltic Sea. It was so beautiful it took my breath away!


I'm catching a breeze. Although it was the 3rd week in August, on this late afternoon it was quite chilly!

Well into September, people were still going out for a swim. Back home in North Carolina, you usually do not see people swimming in such rough water (except for the surfers, of course).

This is a beautiful monument of a woman forever looking seaward in search of her lost brother, son, husband or sweetheart.
My neighbor's cat is glad to see me return. She is very inquisitive!